Research and Development
CSMI Scientists and Engineers respond to fast-paced, multifaceted basic and applied research and engineering challenges with integrated project teams that support CSMI’s Customers. Projects include Research and Development for a wide spectrum of disciplines and leading-edge pursuits that require expertise to accomplish complex engineering and scientific solutions.
Examples of CSMI R&D support include:
- Biogeochemical Engineering – U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC)
- Geospatial and Remote Sensing Development – Remote Sensing/Geographic Information Systems Center of Expertise – U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC)
- Human Factors Engineering for TSA Security Checkpoints– FAA Hughes Technical Center
- Communications Network Engineering at Forward Locations – Army Sustainment Command
- Robot Mounted Electromagnetic Gradiometers for CIED at Forward Locations – MIT & Lincoln Laboratories – U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC)
- Provisional Data Collection Systems for Intelligence Analysis at Forward Locations – Oakridge Laboratories
- Autonomous Ground Vehicles for ISR at Forward Locations – U.S. Army Special Operations Command (USASOC) and General Dynamics Robotics
- Mobile Chemical Decontamination Systems at Forward Locations – Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Defense (JPEO-CBRND)
PERFORMANCE BASED LOGISTICS
CSMI leverages decades of field services support and management experience to plan and lead technology implementation and sustainment efforts for US Customers and Host Nation Allies.
CSMI’s core focus is on Performance Based Logistics (PBL), Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Support of Technologies deployed domestically and to worldwide locations. For more than two decades we have provided Technology Insertion Training and Technical Services which include: PBL, ILS, comprehensive O&M (Scheduled and Corrective Maintenance), training management, metrics management, supply chain and inventory support, total asset visibility, system operations support, test & evaluation, technical refresh and retrograde/reset.
CSMI facilitates implementation of technology programs and offers customized technical and program support throughout the system lifecycle to maximize technology performance, provide analysis to identify efficiencies, and optimize Operational Readiness rates for our US and Host Nation end-use customers. Our primary focus is providing rapid response technical services to ensure maximum system effectiveness.
Field Services Management
CSMI provides technical field services management and oversight that is critical to the sustainment of technologies for US Customers and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) cases. CSMI program managers (PM) are seasoned operations planners who manage projects through all phases of execution and assist end-users in developing CONOPS to ensure that the technology deployment and sustainment is a completely integrated effort. Because of the often dynamic nature of customer operational requirements, CSMI’s management team scales support to customers based on their changing needs.
CSMI provides OCONUS program implementation, establishes local support mechanisms and mentors Host Nation service providers with the goal of full transition to locally managed customer support
Technical Services & Support
CSMI Field Service Representatives (FSRs), Logisticians and Program Managers provide the dynamic link between end-user operational requirements and manufacturers of technology products in challenging global environments. We provide:
- Technology deployment, integration/installation, commissioning, and technical sustainment
- Establishment of logistical supply, spare parts management and help desk
- Asset visibility and metrics reporting
- Preventive and corrective maintenance support onsite
- Customer training
- Engineering support
- CSMI supports Foreign Military Sales & Host Nation Ally customers by establishing training, maintenance, logistics and technical sustainment programs